This priority focuses on giving children the best possible start in life, with early family intervention and support where needed. This includes families needing targeted support, teenage health, issues around under achievement/low aspirations pre-school and at primary/secondary transition.
Evidence available relating to this priority includes:
- JSNA Devon Overview: devonhealthandwellbeing.org.uk/jsna/overview
- Safeguarding Children JSNA: https://www.devonhealthandwellbeing.org.uk/health-and-wellbeing/groups/safeguardingchildren/
- Domestic and Sexual Violence and Abuse JSNA: https://www.devonhealthandwellbeing.org.uk/health-and-wellbeing/groups/dv/
- Annual Public Health Report 2008-09: devonhealthandwellbeing.org.uk/aphr/
Our focus for Priority One is to:
- Develop ways to support families effected by welfare reform to promote financial independence
- Develop a place based approach to helping families focussing on areas of disadvantage
- Improve pre-school and educational attainment and support individuals through transition in all service areas
- Reduce domestic and sexual violence and abuse and ensure adequate support is in place
Further information of these areas of focus are available in the sub-sections below.