The MECC Healthy Conversation Skills training being rolled out in Devon, Plymouth & Torbay was developed by Health Education England Wessex, and is accredited by the Royal Society of Public Health (RSPH). It has been developed using evidence-based methods.
The training focusses on developing and embedding the skills and confidence needed to have conversations that promote positive change.
There are three main accredited training options available:
- Full ‘Healthy Conversation Skills’ – 2 x 3hour face to face training, and three short e-learning modules
- ‘MECC Lite’ – 1 x 3 hour face to face training
- ‘eMECC Lite’ – 1 x 3hour virtual session, delivered via Zoom or MS Teams (equivalent to face to face MECC Lite)
A Train the Trainer model facilitates rollout of the training programme, the benefits include:
- Enables effective, cost effective and sustainable training to fully embed Making Every Contact Count
- Identified trainers will become proficient in delivering sessions to others, to a consistent standard with the benefit of public health insight and experience
- Builds capacity for key organisations across wider Devon to have in-house trainers, in addition to trainers positioned with a remit to train across a number of organisations and sectors
If you would like to know more about MECC training and Train the Trainer courses please contact your locality Public Health MECC Lead, or if you are unsure who to contact please e-mail:
PLEASE NOTE: the availability of face to face MECC training, including Train the Trainer courses will be informed by the current Coronavirus guidance and regulations.