This priority is focused on enabling older people to live longer and healthier lives, including supporting people with dementia and the challenge of helping older people to live independently. This section considers carers as the largest proportion of carers in Devon care for people over 65 but it is recognised that carers of all ages are a priority.
Evidence available relating to this priority includes:
- JSNA Devon Overview: devonhealthandwellbeing.org.uk/jsna/overview
- Older People Profiles: devonhealthandwellbeing.org.uk/jsna/profiles
- Annual Public Health Report 2010-11: devonhealthandwellbeing.org.uk/aphr
- Devon Prevention Strategy: devonhealthandwellbeing.org.uk/strategies
Our focus for Priority Three is to:
- Reduce the number of falls and fractures in older people
- Raise awareness of dementia in communities and continue to improve services and diagnosis
- Identify hidden carers and promote and improve the range a support on offer
Further information of these areas of focus are available in the sub-sections below.