The Healthy Conversation Skills training being rolled out in Devon, Plymouth & Torbay was developed by HEE Wessex, and is accredited by the Royal Society of Public Health (RSPH).
The training focusses on developing and embedding the core skills and confidence needed to recognise opportunities and have brief healthy conversations that promote positive change – conversations are healthy in approach, using evidence-based methods, as well as being healthy in content i.e. about lifestyle changes.
There are two main accredited training options available:
- Full ‘Healthy Conversation Skills’ – 2 x half day face to face training, and four short e-learning modules
- ‘MECC Lite’ – 1 x half day face to face training
A Train the Trainer model facilitates rollout of the training programme, the benefits include:
- Enables effective, cost effective and sustainable training to fully embed Making Every Contact Count
- Identified trainers will become proficient in delivering sessions to others, to a consistent standard with the benefit of public health insight and experience
- Builds capacity for key organisations across wider Devon to have in-house trainers, in addition to trainers positioned with a remit to train across a number of organisations and sectors